Triangle Moving Service offers packing and unpacking services. If you are doing your own packing, get the most out of your move by using the tips below:
- Pack similar items together
- Pack boxes in layers with heaviest things on the bottom, then medium, and then the light items at the top of the box
- Add a layer of crushed paper or cushioning between the three layers
- Avoid overloading the box while making sure that it's contents do not shift
- A packed box should close easily with no bulges or bends
- Blankets, towels, and other material make excellent cushioning for boxes
- As the size of the box increases, the weight of the individual items being packed into the box should decrease
- Seal cartons tightly with packing tape
- Mark each carton for it's destination room
- Mark boxes containing fragile items as fragile
Want to know what box you should use?
Book or Small Size (1.5 cubic ft)
This box usually receives the smallest and the heaviest items. Items such as books, DVD's, canned goods, heavy tools, etc.
Medium Size (3.1 cubic ft)
This box is the "workhorse" and should be used for smaller and heavier items. Items such as small kitchen appliances, small outdoor tools, pots and pans, lamp bases, etc.
Large Size (4.5 cubic ft)
This box should be considered for non-hanging clothes, lamp shades, larger lamp bases, non-breakable kitchen goods, toys, linens, etc
Extra Large Size (6.1 cubic ft)
This box should contain the same type of items as a large box, but can hold more and bigger light items.
Dish Packs are the safest boxes for breakable kitchen items such as dishes, china, etc. due to it's strength and multi-layer construction
Wardrobe boxes will either stand up or lay down and are designed to keep hanging clothes hanging during your move. They can also be used for drapes and curtains to keep them from getting wrinkled during your move.
Don't forget the move day box!
Pack all of the items that you will need handy on your first day at your new home. This box should be marked and should contain your last minute items.
Some things to include in this box are:
- Toilet Paper
- Paper Towels
- Paper plates, cups, eating utensils
- Snack foods
- Juices, bottled water, instant coffee
- Small tool kit
- Cell phone charger
- Prescription medications
- First aid kit